    Do any of you know of good places to go to get lots of old Classic Mac
    OS software for 68k Macs (other than those sites returned by the
    obvious Google search)?

    Jolly Roger, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Jolly Roger

    Jolly Roger Guest

    Wow thanks for the offer - but it depends. I made a copy of InfoMac
    myself very recently when it was announced that InfoMac was being taken
    offline. But by then, a lot of the 68k stuff had been replaced by new
    stuff it seems. Does your archive have older stuff, or newer stuff?

    Jolly Roger, Sep 15, 2006

  3. Jolly Roger

    Jolly Roger Guest

    Darn - ok thanks for checking!

    What I'm looking for is an archive of really old 68k stuff. I'm hoping
    someone here will point me in the right direction!

    Jolly Roger, Sep 15, 2006
  4. Wow thanks for the offer - but it depends. I made a copy of InfoMac
    myself very recently when it was announced that InfoMac was being taken
    offline. But by then, a lot of the 68k stuff had been replaced by new
    stuff it seems. Does your archive have older stuff, or newer stuff?[/QUOTE]

    You might download the University of Michigan (UMich) archive. It stopped being
    updated some years before Info-Mac. Most of their stuff should be 68K (IIRC,
    they have a "PowerMac" section, suggesting it was new at the time. UMich has
    some great software.

    John Rethorst, Sep 15, 2006
  5. Jolly Roger

    Jolly Roger Guest

    You might download the University of Michigan (UMich) archive. It
    stopped being updated some years before Info-Mac. Most of their stuff
    should be 68K (IIRC, they have a "PowerMac" section, suggesting it was
    new at the time. UMich has some great software.[/QUOTE]

    Okay - Do you know if they run an FTP server?

    Jolly Roger, Sep 15, 2006

  6. Do you have access to <alt.binaries.mac.applications.retro>?

    Old stuff is posted there frequently, and you can make a request. I
    have a whole heap of stuff myself, grabbed from all sort of places.

    Elke Maartens

    Emma

    Elke Maartens, Sep 15, 2006
  7. Jolly Roger

    The Mac Dude Guest

    You guys may know this but the Hyperarchive mirror seems to be still up.
    I just downloaded a file for testing purposes.

    http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/

    M.D.

    The Mac Dude, Sep 17, 2006
  8. Jolly Roger

    Jon Guest

    Did you check <http://www.pure-mac.com/appud.html>?

    Jon, Sep 17, 2006
  9. Jolly Roger

    Jolly Roger Guest

    Yeah the problem I have with that is it's chock full of Mac OS X
    software. : / It seems archives of Classic Mac 68k software are
    dwindling fast!

    Jolly Roger, Sep 18, 2006
  10. Jolly Roger

    Dennis M Guest

    Here's of list of over 750 files I've archived on floppy over the years,
    most of them are 68K stuff, if you see anything that interests you give me
    some way to get in touch with you.

    Dennis M, Sep 19, 2006
  11. Jolly Roger

    Dennis M Guest

    (I apologize to the group if I messed up, I rarely attach any files to my
    Usenet messages.)

    Dennis M, Sep 19, 2006
  12. Jolly Roger

    Jolly Roger Guest

    Most impressive! I'd love to have all of it! : D

    Can you make disk images of those floppies using Disk Copy? Most of
    the floppies I used to own are DMG format images now-a-days.

    I've got a pretty fast downlink - What kind of uplink speed do you
    happen to have?

    Jolly Roger, Sep 19, 2006