    "dish shine". After say 1-2 hours all my dishes and Duron were clean as new!
    Let it dry another hous, and it's still working to this minute!

    I did something similar with a voodoo3 agp, it worked normally as well..

    Asestar, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Edward Diener

    Homie Guest

    Hi,
    Unplug your computer from the AC lines
    If you have an ESD kit (if you take covers off modern electronics you should own
    one), just wrap the wrist strap around the sucking end of the vacuum, ground the strap
    to the case, this will null the potential between the two items and static will
    dissipate as fast as it builds.
    Use a slightly damp towel to wipe down as much dust as possible.
    If you use an air compressor, turn the pressure down to> 50psi.
    Don't blow air through CD/DVD drives, instead remove from the case , remove the cd
    drive covers and use a soft brush to clear any visible dust bunny's. Use only products
    designed for cleaning plastics lens on the lens itself. Clean the linear bearings with
    alcohol & apply 1 drop of ATF to a swab, wipe the bearings with ATF. re-install the
    cd/vdvd after the case is clean
    Blow from inside the case through the atx supply openings, that's where all the dirt
    likes to hide.
    Use a product like 409 on a brush to clean the plaque from the fan blades, btw, that's
    what is causing the noise.

    Homie
    --
    Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

    http://motherboardrepair.com

    I have a system with an AT7. It has been making even more noise than usual
    for an AMD computer <g> . When I opened up my case, I noticed quite a bit of
    dust has accumulated on the inside. The case is plenty big, a full-size
    Lian-Li, so there is no problem getting to anything. What is the best, and
    safest way, to clean off the dust from the inside of my PC ?

    Homie, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Thanks for all the details. Appreciated !

    Edward Diener, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Thanks, I understand. Good inforormation.

    Edward Diener, Feb 19, 2004
  5. Thanks ! I will look for those brands of compressed-gas dusters.

    Edward Diener, Feb 19, 2004
  6. What exactly are ATF and 409 ?

    Edward Diener, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Edward Diener

    DDD Guest

    Great story!! I've always felt that computer parts are much, much more
    durable than people think. I had my computer in a rental house for 5 months
    while my house was being built and it was a dust trap. It was overheating
    when we finally moved. After we were settled, I took the computer
    completely apart and used a vacuum and stiff brush to clean everything. I
    wasn't gentle and touched almost every part of the mother board with the
    vacuum wand. The processor heat sink was completely stopped up with greasy
    dust and the fans couldn't have been moving much air.

    I put everything back together and it worked fine. The processor
    temperature went from 59 cent. to 31 cent and the system temp went down
    accordingly. Still runs and I don't think it will collect as much dust in
    the new home.

    DDD

    DDD, Feb 20, 2004
  8. Edward Diener

    Spajky® Guest

    you haven´t seen much! Wait till I put on my site photos
    how I was pre-burnin´-in my CPU together with a slotket & HS in a pot
    on the stove (="pancakeing" it) ... :)))) . .. thats true Burn-in ..

    .... not to mention a running Celly400 semi-submersed in the oil ...
    :)

    -- Regards, SPAJKY ®
    E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

    Spajky®, Feb 20, 2004
  9. Edward Diener

    TF Guest

    Oil and water don't present static electricity problems.

    TF, Feb 21, 2004
  10. Edward Diener

    Homie Guest

    Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) is a very durable very thin lubricant/ coolant /
    hydraulic fluid used in automotive transmissions, also works well on small bearing
    surfaces.
    409, is the brand name of a household cleaner that does a good job of removing grease
    & dirt.

    Homie

    --
    Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

    http://motherboardrepair.com

    What exactly are ATF and 409 ?

    Homie, Feb 22, 2004
  11. Thanks !