Cleaning Up Daughter's New Laptop/Startup Tab

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Monica, Dec 19, 2005.

  1. Monica

    Monica Guest

    I'm researching items found in the msconfig startup tab to see what I can
    safely get rid of. She's bought an entry level Dell B120. Can't find any
    info on the following:

    1. igfxpers....I know it has to do with Intel Graphics

    2. stsystra

    3. wltray

    4. isuspm and issch...read on googlegroups that these have something to do
    with auto updates to Installshield but I'm not sure if we can disable it or
    if it will stay disabled.

    She is not a power user and the demands will be minimal.

    Thanks,
    Monica

    Monica, Dec 19, 2005

  2. Monica

    Quaoar Guest

    Try this site: http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php The
    link to the entire list is down the page.

    Quaoar, Dec 19, 2005

  3. Monica

    NuTCrAcKeR Guest

    when in doubt, leave it be. its probably not doing any harm, other than
    taking up 32MB of memory or so ...

    NuTCrAcKeR, Dec 19, 2005
  4. Monica

    Jay B Guest

    get rid of all of them except wltray!
    wltray is not required unless you want the wireless signal to show in
    the system tray in addition to the networking icon.
    the installshield updater is a pig and must come out.

    i would take them all out if i were you!
    it would make the startup much faster and is probably taking up too much
    memory and possibly putting you over a 256mb limit if that is what you have.

    Jay B, Dec 19, 2005
  5. Monica

    Hank Arnold Guest

    Google is your friend......