clear scans of Ratchet & Clank PS3 (the power of Nvidia RSX at work?)

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Air Raid, Mar 12, 2007.

  1. Air Raid

    Air Raid Guest

  2. Air Raid

    boodybandit Guest

  3. Air Raid

    John J Guest

    I don't know why but it always seems like PS3 gamemakers are putting out
    bullshit prerendered or significantly touched up pictures and trying to pass
    them off as in-game. It doesn't seem to happen nearly as much on the Wii or
    Xbox360 (In fact I can't really think of it happening with any games at all
    on the Wii). What gives?

    John J, Mar 15, 2007
  4. Air Raid

    brun132001 Guest

    The R&C developers have always used bullshots to hype their games and
    I personally find it annoying.

    Compare this prerelease shot of Up Your Arsenal in February 2004

    http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/919902_20040225_screen002.jpg

    to an actual game shot in October 2004

    http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/919902_20041005_screen001.jpg

    Notice how anti-aliasing and crispness are so much better in the
    February shot? That's why I don't get why some people consider R&C
    games to have some of the best graphics not only of the PS2 but also
    of last gen. The animation of R&C games is great but the image
    quality/texturing is quite mediocre.

    brun132001, Mar 15, 2007