    I just replaced my notebook HDD (Fujitsu - MHK2120AT) with
    a new HDD (Seagate - ST96023A). But now,
    I am hearing a slight "clink" sound on shutdown. Is this normal?

    Adam, Jul 9, 2006

  2. Adam

    Rod Speed Guest

    Likely, its probably just the heads parking.

    Rod Speed, Jul 9, 2006

  3. Adam

    Adam Guest

    I hope this is common of the Seagate ST96023A and
    not a bad pick. The old Fujitsu MHK2120AT was
    so quiet compared to the new Seagate ST96023A.
    Just curious ... anyone out there have a quiet Seagate ST96023A?

    Adam, Jul 9, 2006
  4. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Another Seagate ST96023A (from a different store) has
    the same characteristic so I guess this model is not a quiet parker.

    Adam, Jul 12, 2006