cloning 2 different drives, diffrerent operating system using norton Ghost 2003

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by JaBrIoL, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. JaBrIoL

    JaBrIoL Guest

    All,

    Good morning this is basically continuation of a previous e-mail or
    post, of my problem with using Norton Ghost 2003 between 2 different
    drive, and 2 different operating systems. Many of you may see this
    post for the first time, therefore let me recap...

    equipment being used:

    SCSI controller card
    Esdi controller card
    Pentium 450MHz

    I am trying to clone an boot-able esdi drive to a SCSI 2GB.

    Operating system I wish to clone

    Esdi drive: Unix ware version 2.1 (real old)

    Problem: so far it seems that I can get Norton Ghost to an -IR clone
    of the esdi drive onto the SCSI. My problem is, my SCSI drive does not
    boot. when I ghost other drives of the same operating system, I have
    no problem. At this point I am stump at this dilemma...

    any ideas or suggestions?

    JaBrIoL, Feb 17, 2004