    copy some basic info with it. Some freeware would be nice.

    thx
    al

    alfonso gayoso, Jan 2, 2004

  2. alfonso gayoso

    Dg1261 Guest

    Hi, Al, did you ever get your touchpad working?

    IIRC, bios version A07 and above support HDD's over 8GB. I haven't checked
    whether a 12.5mm-thick HDD will physically fit, but any of the usual 9.5mm HDDs
    should be fine. I'm using a 9.5mm 40GB Travelstar with my CPiA 366XT, bios
    version A15.

    As for copying the contents, you need something designed for transferring the
    whole system, including the boot sector. Norton (Symantec) Ghost and
    PowerQuest (now Symantec) DriveImage are the two most famous such utilities,
    but are expensive for your needs. If you're handy from the command line, you
    can get by with the free xxcopy (see www.xxcopy.com/xxcopy10.htm). I think the
    best alternative is BootIt NG (www.bootitng.com), a partitioning/imaging/boot
    manager combo. Download for a free, fully-functional 30-day trial, and if you
    decide to keep it the $35 price is still a bargain.

    Dg1261, Jan 2, 2004