    people who had bought the pro version could write to them. I have the
    basic, free, version.

    So I'm not using it any more.

    Michelle Steiner, May 10, 2014

  2. Michelle Steiner

    Alan Browne Guest

    On 2014.05.10, 12:13 , Michelle Steiner wrote:
    > Cloudmark is a mail.app plug-in that identifies spam messages; I had
    > been using it in conjunction with mail.app's built-in junk filter. It
    > can catch spam messages that mail.app misses.
    >
    > I wrote "I had been using it" because I found out today that it does
    > not play well with Time Machine. It crashed mail whenever I tried to
    > recover a message with Time machine. Disabling it stopped the crashes.
    >
    > I tried to report this to the developers, but found that only those
    > people who had bought the pro version could write to them. I have the
    > basic, free, version.
    >
    > So I'm not using it any more.

    If disabling it solely for the purpose of TM message recovery is the
    workaround, it doesn't sound too bad.

    --
    "Big data can reduce anything to a single number,
    but you shouldn’t be fooled by the appearance of exactitude."

    Alan Browne, May 10, 2014

  3. Michelle Steiner

    gtr Guest

    On 2014-05-10 16:13:35 +0000, Michelle Steiner said:

    > Cloudmark is a mail.app plug-in that identifies spam messages; I had
    > been using it in conjunction with mail.app's built-in junk filter. It
    > can catch spam messages that mail.app misses.
    >
    > I wrote "I had been using it" because I found out today that it does
    > not play well with Time Machine. It crashed mail whenever I tried to
    > recover a message with Time machine. Disabling it stopped the crashes.
    >
    > I tried to report this to the developers, but found that only those
    > people who had bought the pro version could write to them. I have the
    > basic, free, version.

    There seems to be an online user forum; must you have a pro licence to
    access that?

    > So I'm not using it any more.

    I use SpamSieve ($30) and seems to work pretty well. I rarely get
    spam, anyhow. I see CloudMark Pro costs $10 less, but it's also an
    annual fee.

    gtr, May 12, 2014