    5. Then get " Error 162" ( this normal)
    6. Press F1 to "Save Changes" - now back to factory default settings

    Might still work on current pc's ??

    - Bobb -, Apr 30, 2009

  2. Hi!

    My somewhat educated guess is that it would work with any system carrying a
    true Compaq BIOS and with an FN key.

    I say "educated" because I once found a set of keystrokes to turn on a
    software keyboard click on a Compaq XT-class system described in Peter
    Norton's "Inside The IBM PC" book. To my complete amazement, it worked
    perfectly on my then current laptop, a Contura 410C. I guess the code to
    support that feature never was removed, at least not to that point.

    William

    William R. Walsh, Apr 30, 2009