Code Info

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Robin Gordon, Jun 4, 2007.

  1. Robin Gordon

    Robin Gordon Guest

    I'm currently in the middle of a build for a mate. I have never used an
    Abit board before so this AN8 Ultra is a bit strange. Finally got it put it
    together today but when I power up the LEDs all come on and the Error code
    changes from 99 to 09 but I cannot find out what this code means or how to
    fix it.
    I have tried resetting the BIOS but alas this still happens.
    The system is as such;

    AN8 Ultra mobo
    Amd 64 4000+ Retail Cooler
    1 Gb DDR Ram ( PC2100 I think, could this be the problem)
    1 Hitachi 160Gb HDD
    1 Maxtor 160Gb HDD
    2 NEC 3450 DVD-RWs
    500 W PSU
    Nvidia 8600GT Vga card
    onboard sound.

    TIA

    Robin

    Robin Gordon, Jun 4, 2007

  2. Robin Gordon

    Robin Gordon Guest

    Sorry it appears to be 99 when off but 90 when on. most times it only gets
    to 83 and switches off.
    Any ideas folks. Please help this board is about to go AWOL.

    Robin

    Robin Gordon, Jun 5, 2007