COH: Opposing Fronts, Can't play level 8/last level of german campagne ?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Sep 30, 2007.

  1. Hello,

    Today I downloaded and played COH: Opposing Fronts.

    I played the first campagne which happened to be a german campagne.

    It was quite cool.

    However I can't play the last level ? The screen goes black ?

    Anybody else have this issue ?

    Also I tried updating the nvidia drivers to see if that could help.

    I also noticed some graphical bugs in multiplayer before I updated the
    drivers.

    And then after I updated drivers the graphics glitches were still there....

    So that didn't help either.

    To me it seems like a sound system issue.

    When level 8 starts I can hear this sound.. like somebody crunching a piece
    of paper.

    And then nothing and just blackness.

    I can type multiplayer message and that's about it.

    Kinda strange huh ? (I downloaded the proycon release :))

    I tried playing with crack and without crack and both have the same problem
    with last level.

    Oh well it was fun as long as I lasted... maybe tomorrow I go play the
    english campagne ! ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 30, 2007

  2. Skybuck Flying

    First of One Guest

    Hmm, screen goes black. Must be David Chase's work.

    First of One, Sep 30, 2007

  3. Well,

    Today I started and finished the other campagne the english campagne.

    So I finished this game in two days which is ok.

    The game have beautifull loading graphics and music.

    Beautifull in game graphics, it even has some music during the fighting.

    Only rarely did that get annoying. I did turn down the music a bit since I
    wanna hear the explosions and such better.

    I played both campagnes on expert and I still found it pretty easy.

    I never had to restart a level or so only once. It was the level with the
    paratroopers they just kept coming and coming and I didn't know I could use
    tanks and such until it was to late that was kinda funny.

    Overall the game wasn't really challenging which is kinda a shame since it
    could have been more challenging.

    The english campagne was also pretty easy at times thanks to massive
    ammounts of artillery available.

    I do like bombing the shit out things.

    I think the coolest level was the level with the commando's in the forrest,
    sneaking around and killing stuff.

    Which had the good old COH single player feeling, like this is it... no more
    extra units or maybe only a little you ll have to get by.

    I also liked the all other levels ofcourse where there is an hq...

    Some levels were interesting... like defending multiple points.

    The only real challenges where the king tiger tanks... which are very
    powerfull.

    The last map also has these and was kinda funny I had to pull and retreat
    back and such.

    Overal a very enjoyable game... Probably the best of 2007 so far... still
    more games to come.

    Very layed back relaxing game... it has the same kind of graphics for the
    load screens and such and story screens as dungeon siege which is real nice.

    Also my wish has been forefilled :D mobile artillery LOL yeah.

    Big anti tank guns cool too.

    Germans have mobile artillery as well, ofcourse they already had them... but
    now new extra.

    Also lots and lots and lots and lots of new units.

    Actually mostly new units only.

    I haven't played multiplayer yet... I will do that probably tomorrow.

    I think multiplayer is going to be VERY VERY VERY interesting thanks to all
    these new units.

    I do wonder if the new units make those "factions" a bit overpowered
    though...

    Me wonders :)

    Well enough for now, have a nice day, and have a nice fight and maybe see
    you around on the battlefield LOL !

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 2, 2007
  4. Skybuck Flying

    tony h Guest

    Skybuck wrote........lots

    thank you very much for the review,
    perhaps you could now go away and enjoy the onset of puberty
    ........quietly....

    tony h, Oct 3, 2007
  5. Old Fart,

    Ain't you dead yet ? :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 4, 2007
  6. Skybuck Flying

    tony h Guest

    yup, this is me typing from the crypt...

    tony h, Oct 4, 2007
  7. A mindless zombie, figures !

    By the way I just played multiplayer today a couple of times.

    Pretty nice.

    Once need hamachi 1.0.1.0.5 otherwise it wont work.

    I neeed lottttsss of practice though with british and elite.

    I got my ass kicked real bad.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 5, 2007
  8. Skybuck Flying

    tony h Guest

    go on, i'll bite (we, undead, have sharp teeth), what does that mean?

    tony h, Oct 5, 2007
  9. 1.0.1.5 to be exact.

    It means what it means.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 5, 2007
  10. Skybuck Flying

    tony h Guest

    ah, now i understand, you've made an old man very happy with your
    elucidation, young skybuck.

    tony h, Oct 5, 2007
  11. Oh well,

    Skybuck's Guide to play COH Opposing Fronts online via hamachi/lan:

    (Using proycon release works with this guide):

    1. Use Deamon Tools.

    2. Use Yasu

    3. Add following lines to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file:

    127.0.0.1 cohlive-1.quazal.net
    127.0.0.1 cohlive.quazal.net

    4. Make sure WMI and other Windows XP services are running.

    Order of starting programs:

    1. Deamon Tools

    2. Mount mds

    3. Yasu

    4. Cloack.

    5. Company of Hereos (use original executables, no cracks !)

    6. Go to multiplayer.

    7. Go to lan.

    Host or join a game.

    I have seen others use the flt release as well, possibly with a new crack on
    game copy world.

    I haven't tested this but it worked for them.

    Take care and have fun.

    Later I might write a "full review" which includes multiplayer experience.

    Personally I like the artillery, but maybe it's a bit over-represented... it
    might turn the game into an artillery game only...

    I am not sure yet though... So far we are all newbies and most newbies
    complain a bit about that as being lame.

    I myself don't see it as a real problem... simply take out enemy artillery
    anyway one can... or try to hide... possibly in bunkers or so.

    Newbies just lazy I guess :)

    I do miss sniper possiblity for british... it does have it but it costs
    ammo. (and no camouflage so spieing not really possible... but then ofcourse
    it has other spying possibility with special campagne mode: commando's, but
    what if one isn't that hmmm ? for 1 v 1 no more spieing oh well to early to
    tell really)

    More reviewing later on.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 6, 2007
  12. Little addition to make guide complete:

    0. Also use hamachi 1.0.1.5 as I already mentioned otherwise can't host
    and/or join games ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 6, 2007
  13. Skybuck Flying

    tony h Guest

    ....or just buy the game, allowing the software companies the money to pay
    their workforce (though i do agree that games are overpriced).

    tony h, Oct 6, 2007
  14. Also some people seem to be having problems:

    Additional tip:

    + Try starting WMI service in XP/Administrative Tools/Services

    If that doesn't help try starting other services as well...

    Those might be necessary to make it work.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 8, 2007
  15. Ok, I made a list of running services:

    Application Experience Lookup Service
    COM+ Event System
    COM+ System Application
    Cryptographic Services
    DCOM Server Process Launcher
    DHCP Client
    DNS Client
    Event Log
    Logical Disk Manager
    Network Connections
    Network Location Awareness (NLA)
    NVIDIA Display Driver Service
    Plug and Play
    Protected Storage
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    Removable Storage
    Secondary Logon
    Shell Hardware Detection
    Smart Card
    System Event Notification
    Terminal Services
    Themes
    Windows Audio
    Windows Management Instrumentation
    Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions
    Windows Time
    Windows User Mode Driver Framework

    There ya go folks.

    Make sure to have these running and it should work.

    Some were set to manual, so to automatic...

    I don't think that matters much... just make sure they are running after
    boot ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 8, 2007
  16. Skybuck Flying

    Kevin Weaver Guest

    Which services run is different with every machine. If say he has a app
    running that you don't or has added something.

    To give anyone a list of running apps is worthless.
    Just a thought!

    Kevin Weaver, Oct 8, 2007
  17. When I terminated some process the validation failed.

    It could have been a service I terminate I am not sure.

    Some people have solved problems by turning on some services.

    So this list could help people.

    At least it can't hurt =D

    If it helps, okidokie if not good try ;)

    In another words it's worth a shot... especially for people with validation
    issue's.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 8, 2007
  18. Skybuck Flying

    tony h Guest

    ...Troll.

    xxx

    tony h, Oct 8, 2007
  19. Also get latest patch for the game.

    Some have reported unable to join games without the patch.

    As one can see many many many things need to be done to get it working ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 8, 2007
  20. Skybuck Flying, Oct 9, 2007