CoH: Opposing Fronts can't play old playbacks ! :( :( :((( + MULTIPLAYER HOW-TO-GET-IT-WORKING GUIDE

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Oct 11, 2007.

  1. Hello,

    I want to view a playback of a multiplayer game where I fucking rocked with
    many many many rangers and such.

    And now just today I find out I can't play all those multiplayer save
    games/playsback from 2006 with opposing fronts !

    It crashes ?!

    OH MAN.

    I really wanted to see that nice old action again.

    I really hope they fix it sometime.

    Not being able to play back all those awesome multiplayer games kinda sux.

    OH WELL.

    At least I am starting to rock with the new "factions" in Opposing Fronts.

    I am starting to become quite good with the britisch lol ;)

    MY LIPS ARE SEALED LOL.

    Took me like at least 4 to 5 days or so to figure out how to use them
    properly.

    And I am only a master now at one speciality/campagne mode..

    The other two are still be explored..

    Though the first I probably also tried at the beginning... maybe that one
    not so good.

    That leaves middle one... hint hint on third one lol.

    I FUCKING DESTROYED NEWBIES LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

    THUMBS UP FOR OPPOSING FRONTS VERY MUCH FUN ONCE YOU GET THE HANG OF IT AND
    START WINNING LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

    For those with troubles playing multiplayer here is my GUIDE:

    http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/COHOF/

    I shall copy paste it into here:

    Follow it TO THE LETTER, it has helped many people already !

    "
    Skybuck's Guide to play Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts online via
    hamachi/lan:
    (Using proycon release works with this guide):
    1. Update game: Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts v2.100 to v2.101 English
    Patch
    Game Patch Download: http://www.gamershell.com/download_21151.shtml
    2. Use original executables, DO NOT USE CRACKS it won't work for
    multiplayer.
    3. Use Hamachi 1.0.1.5. (Latest version 1.0.2.2 does not work for this game
    !)
    (Don't worry your networks will remain present after the "down grade", first
    uninstall 1.0.2.2 then reinstall 1.0.1.5)
    Hamachi Download: http://filehippo.com/download_hamachi/?2114
    4. Use Deamon Tools 4.10
    Deamon Mounting Tool Download:
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5
    5. Use Yasu 1.4
    Yasu 1.4 Download: http://yasu.copybase.org/
    6. Add following lines to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file:

    127.0.0.1 cohlive-1.quazal.net
    127.0.0.1 cohlive.quazal.net

    7. Make sure some Windows XP services and/or processess are running, see
    below, especially the WMI service/thingy.

    Order of starting programs:
    1. Hamachi
    2. Deamon Tools

    3. Mount mds

    4. Yasu / Cloack

    5. Company of Hereos (use original executables, no cracks !)

    6. Go to multiplayer.

    7. Go to lan.

    Host or join a game.
    If still problems make sure these services are running:
    Starts->Settings->Controls Panel->Administrative Tools->Services:
    Application Experience Lookup Service
    COM+ Event System
    COM+ System Application
    Cryptographic Services
    DCOM Server Process Launcher
    DHCP Client
    DNS Client
    Event Log
    Logical Disk Manager
    Network Connections
    Network Location Awareness (NLA)
    NVIDIA Display Driver Service
    Plug and Play
    Protected Storage
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    Removable Storage
    Secondary Logon
    Shell Hardware Detection
    Smart Card
    System Event Notification
    Terminal Services
    Themes
    Windows Audio
    Windows Management Instrumentation
    Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions
    Windows Time
    Windows User Mode Driver Framework
    If still problems then run this command:
    tasklist /SVC > c:\output.txt
    Then open output.txt with notepad.
    Check if it's more or less the same as this list:
    Missing items might be the problem.
    Image Name PID Services
    ========================= ========
    System Idle Process 0 N/A
    System 4 N/A
    smss.exe 460 N/A
    csrss.exe 508 N/A
    winlogon.exe 536 N/A
    services.exe 584 Eventlog, PlugPlay
    lsass.exe 596 ProtectedStorage
    svchost.exe 772 DcomLaunch
    svchost.exe 856 RpcSs
    svchost.exe 912 AeLookupSvc, AudioSrv, CryptSvc, dmserver,
    EventSystem, Netman, Nla, NtmsSvc,
    seclogon, SENS, ShellHWDetection,
    TermService, Themes, winmgmt, Wmi
    svchost.exe 964 Dhcp, Dnscache
    scardsvr.exe 1036 SCardSvr
    nvsvc64.exe 1100 NVSvc
    wdfmgr.exe 1128 UMWdf
    svchost.exe 1156 W32Time
    dllhost.exe 1264 COMSysApp
    wmiprvse.exe 1588 N/A
    explorer.exe 1840 N/A
    rundll32.exe 1988 N/A
    ctfmon.exe 1996 N/A
    CTDetect.exe 2004 N/A
    daemon.exe 2012 N/A
    DLLML.exe 928 N/A
    ctfmon.exe 712 N/A
    CTHELPER.EXE 1140 N/A
    CTXFIHLP.EXE 252 N/A
    DLLML.exe 1028 N/A
    VolPanel.exe 1084 N/A
    CTXFISPI.EXE 1436 N/A
    NotiMan.exe 1812 N/A
    hamachi.exe 2096 N/A
    svchost.exe 2668 stisvc
    taskmgr.exe 2972 N/A
    cmd.exe 2412 N/A
    wmiprvse.exe 2544 N/A
    tasklist.exe 1272 N/A

    To save space for people with small harddisks download the mini image from
    gamecopyworld:
    "Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts [ENGLISH] No-DVD/Fixed Image":
    Filename: NS-COHPF_MI-POSEDEN.MDS
    It also has a very tiny MDF file only 752 bytes !
    It works in multiplayer as well !
    (So then you could delete the 6 gigabyte big MDF file ;))
    Finally if still problems try a reboot, even if you did not change anything
    this might still solve your problem !
    Who knows maybe windows has wrong exe in file cache or something.
    Lag issue's:
    The game has problems, especially after playing some games, the game can
    stutter when starting a new game, best is to always exit to windows after
    playing a game, and completely restarting the game !
    Networks to play on:
    COHOFNL (for online people only)
    COHOFNLPlay1 (additional play network)
    Networks to meet on:
    (Only join one offline list)
    COHOFNLOfflineList1
    COHOFNLOfflineList2
    COHOFNLOfflineList3
    etc
    Password for all networks:
    COHOFNL
    Good luck and have fun !
    "

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 11, 2007

  2. Skybuck Flying

    edinboy99 Guest

    Great Post.

    Thanks.

    I have the original and me and my friend just want to play each other
    over the LAN using Hamachi as Relic is down and has been off and on
    all weekend.

    Does what you have written apply to folk that ave bought the game or
    not? Don't want to mess about with Daemon and cracked .exe files. Just
    want to play with what I have paid for.

    Thanks.

    Sebado

    edinboy99, Oct 14, 2007

  3. Yes it works with originals:

    Here is full updated guide:

    http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/COHOF/

    Text:

    "

    Game Patch 2.102: http://www.coh-zone.com/content/view/44/37

[...]

    *** Special step for AMD X2 Dual Core/Multi Core Processor owners ***:

    8. Download latest Processor drivers from AMD:

    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

    9. Download latest Dual Core Optimizer from AMD:

    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

    10. Remove any old dual core optimizer from AMD.
    11. Reboot.
    12. Remove any old processor driver from AMD.
    13. Reboot.
    14. Install new processor driver.
    15. Reboot.
    16. Install new dual core processor optimizer.
    17. Reboot.
    (This should prevent lag/stutter issue's on these processors from now on.)

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 14, 2007
  4. Guide has been updated,

    Dual Core Optimizer causes system crash on x64.

    So you ll have to choose between restarting the game, or restarting your
    operating system and having crashes during game.

    Restarting game is the least worse of the two... I choose restarting game ;)

    Lines updated inline:

    (However these steps are not recommended because it can crash the operarting
    system with error code:
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT)
    Bye,
    Skybuck.