Cold start freezing

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Rodderz, Jun 24, 2006.

  1. Rodderz

    Rodderz

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2006
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi guys

    Just an intermittant problem I have with my PC the last 2 years, but only during winter. When it is cold (maybe under 10 Celcius), upon bootup the PC can randomly freeze up, to which the reset button has to be pressed. If it is during bootup next time it will display the options to load in safe mode etc., i just select the normal windows mode. If it is first thing in the morning on a really cold night, it will take 2-3 goes to successfully reach windows login. Once there, it works fine. When it isnt that cold, the bootup is perfectly fine

    Now for the operating system

    Motherboard- Gigabyte P4 Titan GA-8PE800
    Processor- Pentium 4 2.4GHz
    256 MB RAM

    Ram will be updated soon, 256 considered pretty crap these days

    What is everyones opinion on this problem?

    ps. sorry if topic has been covered, did a search and couldnt find topic relating to Gigabyte board, only other which the capacitors may have been the problem

    Cheers
    Rod

    Rodderz, Jun 24, 2006