    will work? I'm thinking low-end, under $1200US or so.

    Thanks in advance.

    --Mike

    Michael Janke, Apr 25, 2004

  2. Michael Janke

    Steven Hill Guest

    I'm looking for a replacement for my 12 year old NEC laser printer. I'd
    Something like the HP4050N worked well for me. Basically any colour HP
    with the JetDirect card - Solaris seemed to have no problems with it.

    S.

    Steven Hill, Apr 25, 2004

  3. Basicaly ever none GDI printer works, especialy postscript printers.
    However, if you chose a xerox, i wouldn't even bother with their xprint
    software, it had/has a nasty bug where when you have a space in a
    pathname of a file you want to print, it does just nothing.
    Just use cups as lp replacement and all should be well.

    --
    Barbie - Prayers are like junkmail for Jesus

    I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
    I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
    I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
    All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last
    week. Time to die.

    Barbie LeVile, Apr 25, 2004
  4. OKI 5300n (the 5100 is GDI).

    Mit freundlichen Grüßen

    Dipl.-Ing. Frank-Christian Krügel

    Frank-Christian Kruegel, Apr 26, 2004
  5. Michael Janke wrote on Sunday 25 April 2004 16:51 :
    I haven't personally used it, but the Lexmark C510n lists at USD 1019.- ,
    supporting all known OSs including Solaris 7-8-9.

    I have used a T520dn with Solaris 7-8-9 and can confirm that Lexmark's
    'Solaris ready' actually means something. The driver software installs
    and configures easily. Btw, this was also true under MacOS 9.

    Also, I enjoy(ed) the fact that Crucial carries cheap memory modules for
    many Lexmark printers.

    Torsten Kirschner, Apr 27, 2004
  6. I saw that one also. It looks Lexmark is serious about supporting for
    Unix. I think that they will get my business.

    Thanks all for the replies.

    --Mike

    Michael Janke, Apr 27, 2004