    http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/press/2004/4732.html

    It appears that the HDTV Wonder is a separate daughter card to the AiW. Or,
    will HDTV be integrated with the new AiW this spring? Or, both?

    New Question, Feb 28, 2004

  2. New Question

    J. Clarke Guest

    According to the press release it's not a daughter card or integrated, it's
    a PCI card like the other TV Wonders. It's been discussed already at some
    length. Conceptually it's very much like the Dvico Fusion except with an
    ATI chip instead of the Conexant chips that Dvico uses.

    J. Clarke, Feb 28, 2004

  3. New Question

    T Shadow Guest

    I would assume its a PCI card. Radeon AIWs that do PIP require a TV-Wonder
    for the second tuner.

    I'd like to see some system requirements for being able to PVR HDTV.

    T Shadow, Feb 28, 2004
  4. New Question

    J. Clarke Guest

    Should be about the same as the Dvico board--P3-750 with DxVA VGA (Radeon,
    nVidia MX400, nVidia FX) or P4-1.6 and DDR266 RAM without DxVA.

    J. Clarke, Feb 28, 2004
  5. New Question

    New Question Guest

    I was assuming that a PCI card that works with an AGP card could be
    considered a "daughter" card, but that assumption appears to be technically
    incorrect. Where has the HDTV Wonder been discussed at length, I have yet
    to find the discussion?

    New Question, Feb 28, 2004
  6. New Question

    Fockker Guest

    I was very excited about this card initially....however, it may not be
    everything I had hoped for. No place in any release do I see any
    reference to COMPONENT IN or DVI IN...it seems it is an OVER THE AIR
    only tuner, that makes it about useless. What good is a PC HDTV card
    if it cant be interfaced with your cable or satalite....NONE.

    Fockker, Mar 1, 2004
  7. New Question

    T Shadow Guest

    The specs seem to refer to viewing and capturing at the same time. PVR (time
    delay) means capturing(wriring to HD) and reading (from HD)/viewing at the
    same time. This is very HD intensive. Doubt that DMA66 would cut it. Good to
    see that the FPU can take some of the load off the CPU.

    T Shadow, Mar 1, 2004
  8. New Question

    J. Clarke Guest

    Personally I find the Dvico Fusion to be quite useful--if the ATI does the
    same thing and cleans up the Dvico's problems with multipath then it's
    quite worthwhile.

    J. Clarke, Mar 1, 2004