Comments on the Abit IS7-E or IS7 Thanks

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Woger MKII , Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Will be using it with a P4C 2.4G and a Leadtek TI4200 will be updating that
    to a FX5600 V2 later.

    I have two Kingmax 256k PC3200 DDR Rams and don't have the ram number
    handy, but these might be the so called selected 333 ones.

    Decent brand 420W PSU..

    Are these boards any good, I can't find any reviews on the IS7-E at all and
    the board layout is showen different on the Taiwan and US web sites.

    Its will also be used with a Promise IDE controller card so my Hard Drives are
    independent from the CDR/CDRW..

    And comments about this setup or MoBo.

    Thanks..

    Woger MKII , Aug 18, 2003

  2. Woger  MKII

    warlord716 Guest

    if ure getting a p4c, get the ic7 or ic7-g. they are better since obviously
    they ahve the newer 875 chipset. if the g is too expensive u can get the
    ic7 for $130 and it comes without an onboard lan

    warlord716, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Woger  MKII

    Skid Guest

    More expensive is not necessarily better. I've seen several reviews where
    the IS7 (with PAT enabled just like IC7) outbenches and overclocks better
    than its big brother. This is one instance where being a cheapskate may
    actually pay off ;>)

    Skid, Aug 18, 2003