Commodore 64 Returns!

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by BillW50, Apr 14, 2011.

  1. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    Remember the for runners to laptops? They had the computer inside of the
    keyboard. And one of the most popular ones was the Commodore 64. I spent
    zillions of hours on Commodore computers. And it appears it is
    returning. Check it out.

    http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/...updated-with-its-old-exterior/?ref=technology

    The portable version of the Commodore 64 was the SX-64. I still have
    that one too. Although the not so portable version as it is now known as
    one of those luggables. ;-)

    I have one of those Commodore 64/128 emulators on one of my computers.
    And it seems like this is what this one does too, maybe. Although in a
    Commodore 64 looking case and keyboard sounds like a great idea. I would
    have liked adding a lid with a LCD screen would have been a very nice
    touch and turn it into a real laptop. Maybe they would think of that
    later. ;-)

    Commodore did have a laptop back in the 80's. And they had shown it to
    the press and all. Although the only ones that were made was some
    prototypes and that was it. I bet you those are worth a mint today. ;-)

    BillW50, Apr 14, 2011

  2. BillW50

    AJL Guest

    I wonder if they will bring back my Atari 400. Probably not since
    those were more thought of as game machines. Also my Atari 800XL with
    the built in Basic. I used to copy code out of computer magazines and
    run it. Also wrote my own CW and logging programs. Those were the
    days... ;)

    AJL, Apr 15, 2011

  3. BillW50

    Ron Guest

    I liked the C64 when it was in competition with the other 8-bit
    machines like the Trash-80 and the Antari, but when the Commodore
    Amiga came out, I dumped it in a New York second and never looked
    back. Now, with the Amiga gone (and forgotten), I'll stay with an
    ultra-fast IBM machine because I an find an ultra-fast machine. Pay
    for it, no-- but find one, yeah... :)

    Ron

    Ron, Apr 16, 2011