    $1,195, while the VIC-SLIM costs $295 to $495.

    Commodore also posted some basic specs of three new Amiga models: the
    1000, 2000, and 3000. "

    Yousuf Khan, Apr 7, 2011

  2. Yousuf Khan

    Joe Pfeiffer Guest

    All I can figure from the content of that link is that somebody thought
    that a bizarre Cuisinart of press releases from Commodore of 1980 and
    current netbooks would be a neat April Fool's joke, but missed the
    deadline by almost a week.

    Though as I think back on the Commodore PET, I wonder how some sort of
    Linux-based ('cause I'm a geek) ruggedized (for lab environments) PC
    with a zillion USB ports (for modern lab interfacing) bundled with
    LabView and Matlab would go over as a modern lab computer....

    Joe Pfeiffer, Apr 7, 2011

  3. Yousuf Khan

    Tom Lake Guest

    But, will it include the SID (the sound synthesizer chip that was
    No, it's a small PC motherboard that's housed in a 64 case.
    It uses a 64 emulator to run 64 programs.

    Tom L

    Tom Lake, Apr 7, 2011
  4. Yousuf Khan

    Tom Lake Guest

    But, will it include the SID (the sound synthesizer chip that was
    uncannily like the old analogue synths)?

    Here's a list of specs from the CommodoreUSA.net Website:

    MODEL:
    Commodore 64x

    PROCESSOR:
    Intel® Atom D525 1.80GHz (Formerly Pineview-D)

    CHIPSET:
    Intel NM10 (Formerly Tiger Point)
    Next-Generation NVIDIA ION Graphics (ION2)

    MEMORY:
    2 x DDR2 667/800 Single Channel DIMM slots (up to 4 GB)
    GRAPHICS:
    Next-Generation NVIDIA ION Graphics Processor

    AUDIO: (Tom Lake's Note: No SID)
    Realtek ALC662 6-CH HD Audio
    Nvidia L-PCM digital audio (HDMI 1.3) can support 7.1 output with external
    decoder

    LAN:
    Realtek RTL8111DL PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet

    STORAGE:
    Intel NM10
    2 SATA2 3Gb/s ports
    JMicron® JMB362 SATA controller
    2 Internal SATA2 3.0Gb/s port with RAID 0, 1, JBOD.

    FEATURES:
    - ACPI S3 Compliant
    - ECO-design for EuP Standard
    - 12 VDC jack on back panel for external power supply
    - Dedicated DDR3 512MB Graphics Memory Onboard
    - Premium DirectX 10 graphics with advanced digital display connectivity
    - PureVideoâ„¢ Full 1080p HD video and Blu-ray playback
    - NVIDIA® CUDA™ technology to accelerate the most demanding applications
    - Premium Windows experience with Windows Vista and Windows 7

    ONBOARD I/O
    CONNECTORS:
    1 mini PCI Express x1 Slot
    1 Serial header (RS232)
    4 SATA2 3Gb/s Connectors with RAID 0, 1, JBOD functions (SATA#3,#4)
    2 USB Pin Headers for up to 3 additional USB 2.0 Ports
    1 8 bit GPIO header
    1 CIR header
    1 9-pin Audio Connector
    1 Front Panel Connector
    3 Fan Headers
    1 4-pin Power Connector

    Tom Lake, Apr 7, 2011
  5. Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    Well these are modern computers with x86 processors in them that are
    packed into cases that look like the old Commodore computers.

    Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan, Apr 8, 2011
  6. Yousuf Khan

    Joe Pfeiffer Guest