comp.sys.amd RFD to improve comp.sys.intel?

Discussion in 'Intel' started by AJ, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. AJ

    AJ Guest

    I'm here for information and to provide some also occassionally. Realizing that
    this newsgroup's quality is lowered by extraneous off-topic information, I don't
    mind moderating it a bit. Of course the real solution is to create comp.sys.amd
    (anyone up for a RFD?) and perhaps comp.sys.chips.x86 (though csiphc is
    probably that latter group already). That hierarchy would improve the S/N in here
    considerably (IMO) without resorting to moderation.

    The way it stands, it seems like the Intel name has been hijacked. There's enough difference
    in Intel and AMD systems, not in the least of which is the associated infrastructures
    to warrant separate groups and then comparison discussions and debates would nicely
    be filtered to a higher level .x86 or the existing csiphc group. Currently, csi does not
    live up to it's name and is misleading (thanks to those who cannot grasp csi without
    the sibling group comp.sys.amd). I'm all for improvement of the quality of this group
    and USENET as a whole. If these discussion groups turn into nothing more than
    riff-raff like internet chat rooms, that would be unfortunate.

    Anyone know if the AMD RFD has already been made before?

    AJ

    AJ, Jan 27, 2005