Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor: Major Victory ! Replay ! ;)

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Aug 25, 2009.

  1. Hello,

    I, Skybuck, on my Dream PC, playing with the British, fought a though battle
    and achieved a Major Victory !

    Against pretty good german guys, who like to play a lot with infantry.

    This time I showed them the power of the Britisch snipers !

    I owned their sorry german asses !

    It was lovely !

    Later I used mobile artillery (priests) to bomb the shit out of their bases.

    My teammate backed me up with infantry and tanks as we agreed on at start of
    the game ! <- That's good ! ;)

    Enjoy this great replay !

    It was played with:

    Company Of Heroes: Tales of Valor, patched up to 2.600 !

    Link to folder:

    http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/CompanyOfHeroes/TalesOfValor/

    Link to replay file in folder:

    http://members.home.nl/hbthoupperma...mPC 4p_mcgechaens war.2009-08-25.03-12-29.rec

    Filename:

    "Major Victory Skybuck with his DreamPC 4p_mcgechaens
    war.2009-08-25.03-12-29.rec"

    (Place .rec file in playback folder, for example):

    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Company of
    Heroes\playback

    (Then start game and go to multiplayer, go to game history, click on "2v2
    MAJOR VICTORY", click load and watch it, voila ! =D)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 25, 2009

  2. Ok,

    I shall share some little secrets with you, since I see many people getting
    owned by german infantries ;)

    The secret to the Britisch Snipers are:

    1. The sniper riffle upgrade (cost 25 ammo).

    2. The special sniper ability (cost 20 ammo).

    (So make sure to get lot's of ammo first (instead of fuel) ! ;))

    Then use the special ability of the britisch snipers to gain adventages
    during infantry combat... by taking out a few german soldiers... the
    britisch will quickly gain the
    upperhand ! ;)

    General tactic:

    3. Send one squad forward as a scout... to prevent your major army force
    from "walking" into an ambush. Once it's safe/doable... bring in the rest to
    finish enemies off, otherwise hold position and try to reinforce or bomb or
    defend or something like that ! ;)

    Now for a little critique:

    The replay/playback does not show the use of special powers... that's to
    bad... because that makes analyzing the game less good. However in this case
    you can still seem the Britisch Snipers somewhat in action by viewing the
    german soldiers getting killed with one shot and +3 xp... now and then...
    also a little bullit trail will be visible which is slightly more smokey
    than normal ! ;)

    It would have been cool if CoH shows the use of special abilities as well !

    That's a major wish on the wishlist ! ;)

    One last word of advice for the Britisch:

    4. Make sure to build some at guns pretty early on... you will need them in
    case the enemy tries to pull a quick one on you... with "anti-infantry
    tanks"... without at guns you might die fast... with at guns you will last
    much longer...

    (this requires the extra base car... plus an engineer so you will have to
    get these pretty early as well, the extra base car will also provide extra
    ammo's when placed on ammo fields so that's a pretty good idea...)

    5. Protect the at guns with the britisch snipers... and you'll be ok buddy !
    ;) :)

    (Next time I will try to master the britisch royal airforce or so... and
    then maybe britisch armor... and then me go onto the german side ! lol ;))

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 25, 2009

  3. Oops I see I made a little mistake here... it's actually the other way
    around:

    1. The sniper riffle upgrade (cost 20 ammo).

    2. The special sniper ability (cost 25 ammo).

    Pretty cheap... ammo will spent on taking out those pesky german infantries
    ! ;)

    Another tip for you:

    6. Especially mg's can be taking out with these britisch snipers... let one
    squad be pinned down by the mg... then bring in another squad to quickly
    snipe the mg... with a bit of luck the other squad can snipe as well...
    taking down some of the mg... with some more luck... the normal bullit fire
    will take out the last soldier... but be carefull though... I have seen some
    people bring in secondary mg's and extra soldiers to remount the mg's... so
    that can get nasty real fast (Fortunately that didn't happen in this game...
    but I did see it happen in another game on another map !) (That's good tip
    for germans... try to flank britisch with mg's.) ! ;) :)

    (So one mg on forward... and then another mg on the side.. or maybe even in
    the back... ! <- juicy ! =D)

    (Add some mortar to the mix and you all set for some nice bloodshed ;) :))

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 25, 2009
  4. Learn how to use capital letters correctly ! :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck ! =D

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 26, 2009
  5. What spelling mistakes ?

    You must pay me 1 cent for my entertaining and informative postings !

    Otherwise you in violation of copyright law ! =D

    Also if my account was banned on COH because of "bad cd key"... would buying
    the game actually enable it again ? :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck =D

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 27, 2009