Compaq 1200 locks up Intermittently

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by JJMDiMunno, May 16, 2007.

  1. JJMDiMunno

    JJMDiMunno Guest

    Hello,
    Wondering if anyone can give me a suggestion as I've exhausted all my
    own ideas:

    Compaq 1200 with 256MB of RAM, 40GB hard drive. System is extremely
    slow in all operations...not just Windows. Even slow getting into
    CMOS sometimes. Slow lag response within CMOS also.

    Most of the time, I can't even shut the machine down once Windows
    starts. I shut the power to the computer off in order to do a
    restart, and turn that power back on. WHen I go to restart the
    machine, it will not start (no power at all). After about 1 minute,
    it will start.

    I've run tests on RAM, which come out all OK. ALso run tests on
    processor, which turn out OK. Re-installed OS, re-formatted HDD, re-
    installed OS again. Unsuccessful. Anyone have a clue?

    Mike

    JJMDiMunno, May 16, 2007

  2. JJMDiMunno

    JJMDiMunno Guest

    Just to clarify, the model of the desktop is SR-1200NX.

    Thanks!

    JJMDiMunno, May 16, 2007

  3. JJMDiMunno

    JJMDiMunno Guest

    Oh yes, and additionally, something I just discovered. When I check
    the task manager, and look at CPU usage, all processes show 0%.
    INCLUDING SYSTEM IDLE PROCESS. As well, the CPU usage graph shows 0%
    usage, so nothing is doing anything at all apparently.

    Mike

    JJMDiMunno, May 16, 2007