    expansion module, whatever that means. I have no manuaks for this
    computer but if anyone has one I would sure like a copy.
    thanks mc

    mc, Jan 27, 2010

  2. mc

    mc Guest

    As a side note the second plug in has 8 conductors as though it were a
    network plug, but a standard data plug does not fit..
    mc

    mc, Jan 29, 2010

  3. mc,

    Reading this link, maybe it is a com port for an external modem...
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/12534-2-tomshardware

    JR the postman

    Postman Delivers, Feb 28, 2010
  4. mc

    Phil Gilmer Guest

    Modems of that era typically had a 2nd com port so that you could plug
    the phone back in where you had presumably unplugged it to use the
    modem. Note, if you do try this, note that the phone must be on-hook for
    the modem to work. If you aren't using the modem, you should get dial
    tone when you pick up the phone.

    Phil

    Phil Gilmer, Mar 1, 2010
  5. mc

    Phil Gilmer Guest

    Sorry, that should be a second MODEM CONNECTOR!

    Phil Gilmer, Mar 1, 2010
  6. mc

    mc Guest

    thanks JR and Phil, I wonder how I can find one of these plugs? it is
    mostly a rectangular shaped plug in, but with one side higher and the
    other side slightly lower than a standard network connector
    mc

    mc, Mar 9, 2010