    nVIDIA T TNT2 T Vanta LT Graphics Card with 8 MB video memory

    I realise it's a tad old now, but is it a fairly good price for (what will
    be used as) a children's PC?

    Nomad, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Well for $228.00 US if that's with a monitor it's a great deal for a kids
    PC.
    I would take the pc100 ram and throw it in the garbage though and use at
    least pc133 128mb
    $19 >
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=504536

    Trai'

    Trai' La Trash, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Nomad

    Tom Scales Guest

    But why? The FSB of this machine is unlikely to be 133, so PC133 would be a
    waste of money. More memory would be useful, but not different memory. 64MB
    is not enough.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Most people UPGRADE and not downgrade.
    PC133 is more common now than PC100 and the memory can be used in the kids
    next machine.

    Folks keep in mind Tiger is just one site who sells memory and the best deal
    I saw when I looked was $19.99 less $20 rebate for PC133 128MB
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=504536

    Now if you follow Tom's advice at the same site you'll pay $31.99 less $20
    rebate for PC100 128MB
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=504530

    Conclusion: My way you save $12 over Tom's way and have a stick of memory
    that is more current and can be used in another machine at a later date.

    Conclusion #2 Tom's a Troll

    PS Tom didn't anyone ever tell you not to TOP POST?

    Trai' La Trash, Jan 27, 2004
  5. Nomad

    Tom Scales Guest

    Kid's next machine? No current machine uses PC133 memory, they use DDR, so
    buying PC133 is not protecting the investment at all.

    Yes, I top post. Prefer it. So much easier to read. Bottom posting is for
    people that just haven't grown with the times.

    Re-read the RFC.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jan 27, 2004
  6. Nomad

    donutbandit Guest

    So much easier to read. So much harder to keep up with the thread.

    Growing with the times? I don't think so.

    Would it surprise you to learn that most veteran Usenet users automatically
    killfile top posters?

    If you refuse to abide by the preferred format, how will anyone take what
    you have to say seriously? Top posting reeks of "newbie" and "I don't give
    a damn, so what?" posters.

    I'm sure you'll find many other Outhouse Express users to sympathize with
    you.

    donutbandit, Jan 27, 2004
  7. Nomad

    David Guest

    Not to mention the fact that most newer PC133 modules are no longer backward
    compatible with PC100 machines..

    David, Jan 27, 2004
  8. Nomad

    Tom Scales Guest

    Feel free to killfile me. Properly TOP posted threads are easier to follow.

    Let's hope you never go blind. When you use a screen reader to navigate
    Windows, bottom posting makes threads literally impossible to follow.
    Properly trimmed top posting can be navigated.

    Download a copy of JAWS from www.hj.com. Blindfold yourself and try to use
    your computer for a day. Then tell me whether you like bottom posting.

    Tom
    And, no, I'm not blind, but I support 600 users that are.

    Tom Scales, Jan 27, 2004