    Is it possible to install a faster CPU and what is the maximum RAM which can
    be installed? It currently has 80Mb RAM. Any advice on where upgrade
    hardware is available also of interest.

    Mike Davies, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Mike Davies

    Tom Scales Guest

    Are you sure you're downloading the right program? You don't want the BIOS
    update, you want the Computer Setup for Portables program for your machine.
    Create the floppy and boot from it.

    Can't answer the other questions, but someone will.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Mike Davies

    David Guest

    There is no boot order option in the BIOS. The boot order is CDROM, A, C.
    If the cdrom is functioning properly and the cd is bootable it will boot
    from it. Please note that Armada 1500 series cannot read CDRW and will not
    boot from one. If the BIOS setup partition is installed on the HD, you can
    access the BIOS setup via f10 key when you see the blinking white box/cursor
    upper right on the initial memory count screen. If the partition is not on
    the HD you can use the bootable computer setup diskette to access the BIOS.

    Your laptop has already been upgraded to the maximum memory (16mb onboard,
    64mb removable).

    The CPU is part of the motherboard and can't be upgraded separately.

    David, Mar 5, 2004