    done?

    thanks.

    ==============

    bassguitarguy818, Jul 1, 2004

  2. bassguitarguy818

    HH Guest

    It likely would, but call Compaq support first. Since it has a less than 8
    GB hard drive, 8 GB might be the BIOS limit for that model.
    HH

    troubleshooting newsgroups.

    HH, Jul 1, 2004

  3. bassguitarguy818

    Tom Scales Guest

    I'm pretty sure 8GB is the limit and I am not aware of an BIOS upgrade to
    fix the problem. Is it s 4150 or 4250. I thought the 41xx topped out at the
    4133.

    Any way you look at it, XP is going to be a dog. Pentium-150.

    I'd go Windows 98SE.

    That's what I ran on my 4133T.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 1, 2004
  4. bassguitarguy818

    Frank346 Guest

    The 4100 series ended with the 4160T. 8GB is indeed the limit, even on a
    4220T. I put Windows 2000 on a 4131T once and the performance was awful.
    Windows 98SE is the newest operating system that runs well on the 4100
    series (if you ignore Windows ME).

    Frank346, Jul 1, 2004
  5. bassguitarguy818

    Tom Scales Guest

    Of course you're right. I'd forgotten the 4150/4160.

    Great little laptops.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 2, 2004