compaq armada 7380dmt - No Power -doesn't boot after sitting idle for six months.

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by luckyalexx, Nov 12, 2005.

  1. luckyalexx

    luckyalexx Guest

    Hi,

    I'm new to this group, so please don't beat me up too bad. ;-)

    My dad has an old Compaq armada 7380 dmt that he has used for word
    processing. Last winter he used it and it worked fine. He did tell me
    that he always kept the computer plugged into the wall, and never used
    it with the battery only.

    Anyway he pulled it out of storage and plugged it in last week. It
    wouldn't power up. There are two light in the front that were flashing.
    One if for the Battery (small battery image with an arrow), and the
    other is the power light (circle with a line through the top of it).

    Is there a way to check and see if the power cord is pumping out the
    right voltage? It has four pins on it so I'm not sure how to check it.
    I'm assuming the battery is toast, or it might just need to be
    recharged. I don't know.

    Any help you might have would be great.

    Thanks, Alex

    luckyalexx, Nov 12, 2005

  2. luckyalexx

    NickM Guest

    Try removing the battery completely. Leave it out of the laptop for around
    30 seconds, and then replace it and reconnect the PSU. Switch on. This
    may allow the laptop to wake up. Let the battery recharge for a few hours
    until the battery charge light stays green. If not, try powering up with
    the battery removed and PSU connected.

    NickM, Nov 16, 2005