    one of these, or had one, tell me what level of noise is normal?

    (I hope this isn't an FAQ; I Googled fairly intensively, though I'm
    not sure I found an adequate query string)

    Henry Law, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Henry Law

    Sepp Guest

    I have an M300 P3/600; the fan is whisper quiet, though the original HDD
    (which I replaced with a 40GB/5400) sounded similar to your description
    of what you think might be fan noise. In your position I'd try a
    different disk first, even if on a temporary basis, to rule that out as
    the source of the noise (and certainly far easier to replace than the fan!)

    On a separate note, the M300 manual I printed out claims the machine can
    take 512MB memory, but a DIMM larger than 256MB keeps the machine from
    booting (even though the 512MB is recognised by the BIOS). I sure would
    like to know a way utilize the larger DIMM! Anyone...?

    Sepp

    Sepp, Jul 2, 2005