Compaq Armada M300 & Windows 2000 Professional

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Grendel, May 4, 2004.

  1. Grendel

    Grendel Guest

    Greetings:
    My hardware:
    Compaq Armada M300 & MEU with 8x DVD-Rom

    I've upgraded to Win200 Pro. and my DVD-Rom no longer works.
    All parts are Compaq. DVD Rom drive part: 8080B

    Solutions?
    a) Does anyone have the above configuration and have a working DVD-Rom
    in a MEU?
    Right now I'm using an external USB DVD drive to read CDs, so that I
    can (hopefully) load a solution onto my hard drive.

    b) Does anyone have an alternative configuration on a Compaq Armada
    M300, with a MEU that would allow me to have an internal DVD-Rom
    instead of an external DVD Rom? (The entire point of this machine was
    how light it is and how the MEU gives you the ability to have the
    floppy disk drive and a DVD-Rom in one unit.)

    I do have a fresh copy of Win 98SE, and will roll back if I have to.

    Open to all suggestions on this one.

    Utopian Ideal:
    1. Determine hardware compatibility with Win 2000.
    (If I determine that my DVD drive isn't compatible, replace it with a
    compatible drive=will take suggestions on this too.)
    2. Partition hard drive.
    3. Format hard drive.
    4. Clean install of Win 2000.

    If anyone is running on my configuration and is using Windows 2000
    Pro, would love to hear your experience and/or process.

    Thanks,
    Grendel

    Grendel, May 4, 2004

  2. Grendel

    Chris Guest

    I have an M300 with same DVD drive and it works with XP PRO so I would
    have thought 2000 would support it,so you could try it with XP before
    formatting to see if it works if it does not not something is wrong with
    hardware.

    Chris, Jun 14, 2004