    Anybody experienced this? It looks a lot like the system board, but the
    computer has only been sitting on my desk, so no impact damage. The Compaq
    service manuals does not mention anything like this symptoms..

    Eyvind Spangen, May 29, 2006

  2. Eyvind Spangen

    Quaoar Guest

    Take this to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq where someone will know what that
    battery code means.

    Quaoar, May 30, 2006

  3. Eyvind Spangen

    - Bobb - Guest

    The factory M700's had a lot of battery issues.( not just them - it was
    battery technology at the time) I used to work there: even though the
    scale on the battery shows fully charged - it means only that it can
    hold the voltage. Think of your car battery cranking - with a volt
    meter, it might have 12v, but if the engine only can draw 1 amp - that
    won't start the car - it needs to be able to give 20 amps of "cranking
    ability".

    CUSTOMER ADVISORY
    Battery Troubleshooting Procedures
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...prodSeriesId=96235&objectID=PSD_PH010403_CW01

    It's pretty old now - not sure they'd help: especially since now it's
    HP, but may be worth contacting them .
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

    All the manuals are online:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...skId=110&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=96235