    In my madness I fdisk the drives and now it won't go to compaq's stupid
    bios thingy....

    All I need is to boot to CD.

    JDS1337, Dec 19, 2005

  2. Some of the Linux bootable CDs have a 2.88 MB boot image and some
    older computers will only boot from a 1.44 MB boot image. You will
    have to search the website of the Linux distribution or look on the
    Linux CD to see whether they have a utility for creating 1.44 MB
    floppy boot disks.

    If your computer will not boot from CDs at all, perhaps you should
    reconsider installing Linux. Most of the latest distributions come
    with a bootable install CD.

    If you have a working computer which can connect to the Internet and
    it has a CD writer, search Google for the "Ultimate Boot CD" which
    has boot images of various operating systems. If you do not have a
    bootable hard drive or floppy disk, your computer will find the CD
    regardless of the boot order if it is capable of booting from a CD.

    Earl F. Parrish, Dec 20, 2005