    give it a try. Vendors in my city have to special order it
    and will charge a 15% re-stocking fee if returned....crazy...

    Thanks for all replies.

    Mblue, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Mblue

    Dave Guest

    They shouldn't charge you anything for a re-stocking fee as Compaq has the
    deal going where you can bring it back in the first 14 days for what ever
    the reason and get a refund. I would mention this to the stores in your
    area.

    Dave, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Mblue

    Mblue Guest

    store is insistent that there is a restocking fee. They are not getting
    it directly from compaq but rather a distributor.... seems that customer
    service has not transcended to all retailers....

    Mblue, Feb 9, 2004