Compaq laptop: Touchpad doesn't work!!

Discussion in 'IBM' started by XYLOPHONE, Jul 28, 2009.

  1. XYLOPHONE

    XYLOPHONE Guest

    Hello,

    I have a Compaq EVO N800c laptop, and I had to disassemble it to
    remove clock battery, to erase password lock. Now, I remounted it, and
    everything is OK, except the touchpad and buttons don't work.

    While unmounting it, I pulled a fragile ribbon cable about in the
    middle (ZIF socket I think), but the whole white connector came with
    it. When remounting, I disconnected the ribbon cable from the
    connector in my hand, and wanted to reseat the connector onto
    motherboard pin rows, before reconnecting the ribbon cable to
    connector. Unfortunately, while attempting to reseat it on the pins,
    the pins bent, and while trying to straighten them up, they got off
    completely, so I couldn't connect the ribbon cable.

    Is that why touchpad doesn't work? And if so, is there a way to make
    it work again?

    Thanks for any help.

    XYLOPHONE, Jul 28, 2009

  2. XYLOPHONE

    Arno Guest

    Somebody experienced with soldering fine connections
    could do a wire-bypass. Don't expect an ordinary computer
    repair shop to have these skills available.

    Arno

    Arno, Jul 28, 2009