    worked perfectly before!

    Thanks,

    lactose

    Lactose, Oct 21, 2009

  2. Try it with an external display, if that works, try shining a bright
    torch on the display. If you can see a very dark, faint display, then
    it's likely to be the inverter or the cold cathode flourescent tubes
    that have failed, or the flexible connection from the lower part to the
    display panel.

    http://www.trademoon.com/SearchResult.aspx?KeyWords=lte lite 33

    Shows a list of some parts still available for that machine. Not
    recommending them, they just came up first on Google.

    John Williamson, Oct 21, 2009

  3. Lactose

    Lactose Guest

    My monitor doesnt fit into the monitor plugon the compaq laptop. seems
    an old system. the connector i have isn from a viewsonic 19" monitor
    and has one pin more that the lte lte plug has...so i cant try it now

    Lactose, Oct 24, 2009
  4. Lactose

    Lactose Guest

    thanks, hh

    in fact it is still very easy to get parts. a few bucks and u can buy
    a second working unit on ebay and use the parts of it. can this be
    fixed? i remember that when i opened the packagage it smells
    humid...so i believe that humidity caused this. i will have to open
    it..maybe it can be fixed..

    Lactose, Oct 24, 2009