    brand/model?

    thanks,
    charles......

    ***** charles, Jul 9, 2007

  2. ***** charles

    HH Guest

    Have you tried just letting it sit for a day with the AC adapter plugged in
    to the wall/notebook to try and charge the battery?

    HH

    HH, Jul 9, 2007

  3. ***** charles

    - Bobb - Guest

    I've had Dell's that had to be plugged in for 5 minutes before they would
    power up - even with batteries removed. Last one had 2 old batteries -
    they don't hold a charge for more than 30 minutes (, but not gonna spend
    the money to fix a 4 yr old laptop). I remove the batteries - plug it
    in - wait a while . Then it powers up.
    Then I pop in the batteries if I need to use them later. Otherwise, just
    it use on AC.

    If that doesn't work, I then unplug the AC and then hold the power on
    button AS you plug it in. I have found that will bypass the 'power
    startup check ' ( or whatever it is that prevents it from starting ).
    Good luck.

    - Bobb -, Jul 9, 2007
  4. ***** charles

    tunapez Guest

    Anyone know of any class action suits in regards for this Mobo? This
    problem is widespread and definately an internal hardware issue. I
    have two clients' identical laptops, Presario M2000's. One is
    completely dead and the other is very unstable(powers off
    unexpectedly). These laptops are ~2 years old and from what I have
    seen on other forums, these are not isolated incidents. I wasted an
    hour on hold talking w/ support to no avail, good times. Anyway, I am
    looking to get something started here, this is Compaq's liability and
    they are not standing behind their products.

    Anyone else get the spark from the power port when you plug in the
    supply while it's hot?

    BTW: MSI fully recognized and accepted responsibility for known
    capacitor issues and have replaced EIGHT "out-of warranty"
    motherboards for me in the last 10 months. Too bad Compaq/HP are so
    lame.

    tunapez, Aug 21, 2007
  5. ***** charles

    pepeh_03 Guest

    I agree with you that HP is LAME when it comes to warranty and taking
    a stand for the product.
    Can you please help me out getting that capacitor replaced? Can you
    tell me how you got MSI to
    replace the capicitor? I called MSI and the said they didn't support
    any warranty or replacement for
    HP. Any info can help a lot. Thank you

    pepeh_03, Sep 20, 2007
  6. ***** charles

    kstangroom Guest

    I have the same problem with my girlfriends m2000. Dead as a dodo
    after 2 years of having it. I've asked around and this is a common
    fault. :( What do we do?

    kstangroom, Oct 1, 2007