    hard drive in order to get into the bios, well the hard drive has been
    formatted and like i said we dont have a floppy drive.

    any suggestions?

    robotron -X-, Sep 28, 2004

  2. You don't say if the machine has a bootable CD drive. If so, you have a
    fighting chance. I'm farily sure Compaq make/made a bootable CD
    containing the equivalent of the floppy-set used to install the
    propietary partition and/or run BIOS setup from the CD. You may have to
    ask around to get a copy of this CD or ask Compaq for it.

    If the machine doesn't have a bootable Cd drive - well you're gonna have
    some serious hoops to jump through. Linux fdisk can create the utilities
    partition for you (in another machine), but I don't how you'd get the
    data onto it, as (at a guess) the HD would need to be the 1st HD on
    whatever system you were trying to use to install the data.

    Martin Slaney, Sep 28, 2004

  3. robotron -X-

    robotron -X- Guest

    I'm not sure , the laptops at friends house so will have to check
    that out tomorrow.

    robotron -X-, Sep 28, 2004