1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

Compaq Portable II Questions

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by The Eighth Doctor, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Hello from the Eighth Doctor
    I have here a Compaq Portable II, it is still wearing the original 20M disk drive. It
    does not have the aux board that supplies an extra serial port/modem, and the extra
    memory.

Does anyone know what the max size of the disk drive for these models? I have here
    a few one hundred seventy M disk drives from machines commissioned about the
    same time period, also a 200 M drive, (Well around there.)

Also I am looking for a local source of the aux boards. I'll grok that these things
    have been technically obsolete for several years, but its a keepsake for one of my
    staff and he wants me to upgrade it. A new battery as well for the CMOS settings.
    Well local to me. I'm in Queens NY.

The Eighth Doctor, Apr 22, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question