    ask.
    --
    Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net

    The Eighth Doctor, Jul 25, 2005

  2. On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:46:41 GMT, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems,
    (The Eighth Doctor) wrote:

    >Hello from the Eighth Doctor
    >I have here a Compaq Portable III that I want to upgrade. The company, before the
    >merger, gave me strange information regarding who was supporting that model after
    >they had officially discontinued them.
    >
    >I'd like to find out the maximum sized hard drive that model can use, and where I
    >can find the memory upgrade boards that were supposed to be available. Also what
    >releases of DOS would run there after 3.3. If any of this is unclear please feel free to
    >ask.

    Don't know anything about that computer, but if it can run MS-DOS
    v3.3, it probably can run v6.22 too (or whatever version that was the
    final before Win95 arrived).

    --
    May all spammers die in horrible pains!
    Wanna e-mail me? Well, peter_e is correct, but the rest is obviously bogus...

    Peter Emanuelsson, Jul 26, 2005