    it doesnt give any message its as if you pull the plug. also doesnt
    matter if its on battery or pluged in same thing happens. thanks
    for any help.

    dale1010dog, Aug 17, 2005

  2. dale1010dog

    dale1010dog Guest

    I did some more testing and found that the laptop will run for 2mins
    30sec every time then shut down. tested this four times with same
    thing every time.

    dale1010dog, Aug 17, 2005

  3. dale1010dog

    Darwin Guest

    Two issues: 1. does it run hot? Could be shutting down due to excessive heat buildup. Giving the fan vents a good blowing out with compressed air might help. 2. Might be a mother/systemboard fault.

    Darwin, Aug 17, 2005
  4. dale1010dog

    Andrew Guest

    : I did some more testing and found that the laptop will run for 2mins
    : 30sec every time then shut down. tested this four times with same
    : thing every time.

    Did this start this week? Did you check to see if you got that new
    worm that is going around the internet? Last time I got a worm,
    that's pretty much what it did.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----

    Andrew, Aug 17, 2005
  5. dale1010dog

    dale1010dog Guest

    Darwinwrote:
    Two issues: 1. does it run hot? Could be shutting down due to
    excessive heat buildup. Giving the fan vents a good blowing out with
    compressed air might help. 2. Might be a mother/systemboard fault.i
    dont know if its getting hot is there a way to check? i did blow the
    vents out with air but still same problem. the fan is a little noisy
    but does seem to be working properly. thanks for the reply

    dale1010dog, Aug 17, 2005
  6. dale1010dog

    dale1010dog Guest

    Andrewwrote:
    just installed new version of windows and never had it hooked to
    internet yet so i dont think its a virus.

    dale1010dog, Aug 17, 2005
  7. dale1010dog

    Andrew Guest

    : just installed new version of windows and never had it hooked to
    : internet yet so i dont think its a virus.

    Well, how about making sure it's hardware and not software?

    Get the Ultimate Boot CD here:

    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

    (Need to have a CD burner - just grab the .iso file and burn the CD
    image from that.)

    Boot the CD on your laptop and try Memtest and let that run. Does it
    still reboot in 2 minutes? If not, it may not be a hardware problem.

    How about booting into Windows in Safe Mode?

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----

    Andrew, Aug 18, 2005