Compaq Presario 2100 DESKTOP - Please help provide drivers PLEASE

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by email, Oct 7, 2006.

  1. email

    email Guest

    I have been searching for drivers for the compaq presario 2100 desktop
    for 2 weeks.

    What I need is the IDE / Hard Drive Controller driver for windows 95.

    The compaq presario 2100 desktop had the Cyrix MediaGX chip that
    controlled everything. But I cant find the IDE driver.

    There is a driver on driverguide.com but it does not work on compaq
    systems!

    Does anyone still have the restore cd possibly? Please help, my head
    feels like it will explode.

    P.S. This is not for the presario 2100 laptop.... for some stupid
    reason compaq decided to name their laptops after old desktop systems.

    I need the Windows 95 drivers for the 2100 presario DESKTOP!

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help if you have any.

    P.P.S. Please dont tell me to look at compaq's website... their
    drivers (or soft packs as they call them) suck and do not provide the
    IDE driver! WTF

    Please help. Thanks a bunch in advance!!!!!!

    email, Oct 7, 2006

  2. email

    XS11E Guest

    Was Immer () wrote in
    However they do have information on how to order recovery disks, did
    you try that?

    XS11E, Oct 7, 2006

  3. email

    HH Guest

    Won't find them. QR discs for Windows 95 machines were discontinued years
    ago. No longer available from Compaq. Unless an individual has a set he's
    SOL.

    HH

    HH, Oct 8, 2006
  4. email

    XS11E Guest

    Did you check Ebay?

    I HAD THE DISCS you need in my hands just two months ago, someone
    donated a Presario 2100 with the Cyrex chip where I work and it took a
    very long time to get someone to take it, even for free. I could have
    easily copied the discs had I known.... sorry.

    OK, Google comes through as always:

    http://www.techmedia-labs.com/CompaqDesktopsRecovery.htm

    $28.75 and you'll have to go to Windows 98.

    You might want to email them first.

    Good luck!

    XS11E, Oct 8, 2006
  5. email

    email Guest

    hey XS11E thanks for the link.

    I saw that site in my search, but I believe the disks they offer are
    for the 2100 series laptops.

    For some stupid reason Compaq names all their new laptops after old
    desktop models.

    For instance the Compaq Preasrio 2100 (which I have), if you search
    compaq it comes up with a new modern AMD Latop with Windows XP.

    I hate compaq!

    I wish I had written this message two months ago, I actually took this
    computer out two months ago and its been sitting on my to do list till
    I finally started to seriously look for drivers two weeks ago.

    I guess I am SOL - this will probably go in the trash. The bus master
    driver is the one that is critical and impossible to find - the one on
    driverguide.com will not work in the compaq models.

    If anyone down the line has the drivers, please post them. I will
    keep an eye on here.

    Thanks again XS11E for your input.

    email, Oct 8, 2006
  6. email

    XS11E Guest

    Was Immer () wrote in
    The link specifically shows the Presario 2100 desktop.

    XS11E, Oct 8, 2006