Compaq Presario 3017cl battery charging problem

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by delinek, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. delinek

    delinek Guest

    My notebook is Compaq Presario 3017cl. I have a battery charging
    problem. It appeared a few months ago. My laptop couldn't run on
    battery power, even if it was indicating a 100% charge level. I mean
    it would boot and run on DC for about a few minutes, and then turned
    off.

    It was driving me crazy, so I put that battery away and used only AC
    power. And now, after about 6 months, I was trying to put that
    battery back and recharge it, because it was 0%. It didn't want to
    charge (there was 0% all the time), so I kept charging it for the
    whole night. But it didn't work (the orange 'charging' LED was on
    indicating charging, but there was 0% all the time).

    It doesn't depens what OS I run. This problem remains also in linux
    (tested on Fedora).

    Any clue what the problem (and the solution) could be? Thanks in
    advance.

    (sorry for my English - it's not my native language)

    delinek, Mar 29, 2005

  2. delinek

    Yddap Guest

    In