Compaq Presario 5446 into Presario 5440 Case

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Grocus, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Grocus

    Grocus Guest

    Hello,

    I'm having trouble with the power button on a second-hand case I've
    bought.

    I am trying to install a Compaq Presario 5446 into a case that's
    badged ‘Compaq Presario 5440'

    The 5446 motherboard has a 20 pin connector (2 rows of 10). From the
    top, pin 5 on the right is missing (19 pin connector!?).

    The original power button was plugged at the top on the right, the
    wire colours :- <empty>, Red, Orange, Yellow,<blocked>,Green, Blue,
    White.

    The connector on the new case is as follows:- Left row Yellow, White,
    the rest empty. Right row Blue, Black, Black, White/Blue stripe.

    The only other info I can give is the original 5446 button was screwed
    into the chassis (Earthed?) on a small circuit board, whilst the
    button on the new case is mounted in a plastic mould. Blue + Black
    going to power, White + Yellow HD and Black + White Blue stripe to
    button.

    Can anyone give any advice!

    G.

    Grocus, Sep 4, 2003