    that I had put in it hoping that it would give more power to the rest of
    the hardware, but that didn't change a thing, it still resets. Any
    suggestions? I'm going to give it a thorough cleaning soon.

    rhox, Oct 3, 2006

  2. rhox

    kony Guest

    Disable Windows' "Automatically Reboot" setting, then if a
    bluescreen appears, write down the error message
    (particularly the stop code). Next Google search (or even
    better, search on Microsoft's website) this code.

    When it resets, it just immediately reboots fully to windows
    again?

    Has anything else changed on this system just prior to the
    onset of the problem?

    Check the typical things- ALL fans are spinning, no
    capacitors are vented, cables and cards are pulled in good,
    system intake/exhaust/heatsinks aren't clogged with dust,
    power supply voltages, and scan for viri/spyware/etc.

    It might help to have a complete but concise description of
    this system- all major parts.

    kony, Oct 3, 2006

  3. rhox

    VanShania Guest

    A virus?

    --
    Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
    Stop Violence and Child Abuse.

    A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 128mb
    MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
    Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb Dual Channel OCZ
    2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
    XPMCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
    Games I'm Playing- Falcon 4, SP:WAW

    VanShania, Oct 4, 2006
  4. rhox

    rhox Guest

    Doubtful. I've scanned it with Nod32. I'm thinking that it might just be
    dust or something, so I'm going to clean that all out when I get a
    chance, and then post here with more info.

    rhox, Oct 4, 2006
  5. rhox

    Brian Guest

    I vaguely remember an issue with the Presario and XP SP2 causing rebooting.
    (not that that is your issue now)
    Have you installed any new software lately?, Have you tried a restore to
    before it was rebooting?

    On the hardware side if you installed any new IDE cards it could be a bad
    IDE slot, driver conflict or hardwre conflict on an IRQ...any new hardware
    lately?

    Brian, Oct 5, 2006
  6. rhox

    Patrick Guest

    Did the problem start after you put the extra HD in? Did you install any
    other new hardware. If not, I would say it sounds like a PS problem if it
    continues after you do a thorough cleaning. What type of hardware is in the
    pc and what is the wattage on the PS? It doesn't hurt to have a PS that
    provides more power than you computer consumes. I have a 650 watt and i only
    use about 400 of it.

    Patrick

    Patrick, Dec 8, 2006