    anyway or can i edit restore cd in way that i can straight install word
    and works?

    Thanks in advance

    Gary, May 6, 2004

  2. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Problem solved. Proper install programs are included in restore cd's.
    Word and Works will found on Productive Applications disc. Files are
    deep in directory and can be installed without any Compaq s*itty software.

    Btw, Compaq's technical support told me that there is not any other way
    that format and full re-install. I hope they read this so they will know
    in future how their computers work.

    Gary, May 6, 2004

  3. Gary

    HH Guest

    Uh, the reason Compaq says that is due to the licensing agreement with
    Microsoft and is intended to prevent installation of those applications on
    another PC, not the one for which they are licensed. Most people just run
    the QuickRestore as it was intended to be run. If certain software is not
    needed or wanted, it normally can be uninstalled quickly and easily.
    HH

    HH, May 6, 2004
  4. Gary

    doS Guest

    Another clueless moron who just don't get it.......

    doS, May 7, 2004
  5. Gary

    HH Guest

    Be nice, doS....
    HH

    HH, May 7, 2004
  6. Gary

    doS Guest

    Ok.

    doS, May 7, 2004
  7. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Thank you. If it is licensing, then it really suck. Or would you like to
    format your hd just to re-install word? Anyway, they could even tell
    truth in technical support, now i have bad picture about Compaq. I
    consult peoples when they purchase computers and Compaq is not top of my
    list. And last word to doS, your answer isn't really helping anyone so
    if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything!

    Gary, May 7, 2004
  8. Gary

    HH Guest

    It is a licensing issue. Including application CDs or making individual apps
    reinstallable from the QuickRestore CDs would have increased the license
    cost, which would have been passed along to the purchaser. Many applications
    are reinstallable separately on many Compaqs, so reformatting seldom is
    necessary to reinstall, say, MS Word. This can be done from the Compaq
    D:System_Sav partition. In fact, on Many Presarios, MS Word came on a
    standard CD by itself, so reinstalling was easy.
    HH

    HH, May 7, 2004
  9. Gary

    doS Guest

    It wasn't me, so sorry, some troll has been impersonating me.

    doS, May 12, 2004
  10. Gary

    Jan Guest

    Problem solved. Proper install programs are included in restore cd's.
    Word and Works will found on Productive Applications disc. Files are
    deep in directory and can be installed without any Compaq s*itty software.

    Btw, Compaq's technical support told me that there is not any other way
    that format and full re-install.

    That's right. I've worked on a few, too. And that is just one of the minor
    reasons why I couldn't be paid enough to own one.

    MJS

    Jan, May 19, 2004
  11. Gary

    Adam Guest

    You can install everything without running the Restore Plus! but
    Windows XP Home requires activation. When you use the Restore Plus set
    it self activates. You cannot active a Compaq product with Micrsoft
    regular way using a Compaq OS.

    So this set up will work but only for 14 days after that you will need
    to format and reinstall.

    Adam

    Adam, May 22, 2004