    motherboard

    Thanks
    -my

    myk.robinson, Aug 23, 2005

  2. myk.robinson

    Ben Myers Guest

    Presario 7000 covers a lot of ground. HP is not exactly forthcoming with
    detailed info about front panel wiring.

    I would suggest doing what I did with a client's Presario system in need of a
    replacement non-Compaq motherboard.

    For the on-off button, power LED and hard drive LED, get yourself an old junked
    computer case and remove these items to use in the Compaq case. Rewiring the
    Compaq case is pretty simple this way, and the result is clean, not messy. For
    front panel USB, do pretty much the same. You need to refer to the specs for
    the replacement motherboard to determine where everything connects up.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 23, 2005