Compaq Presario DVD Hardware Installation? I want to swap out my cd-rom for a dvd rom/cdrw drive

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by UFO, Jan 30, 2006.

  1. UFO

    UFO Guest

    Hello experts and fellow Compaq users-

    I would be greatful if you could help me on this.

    I have a compaq presario 2500 laptop with an internal CD-Rom (not DVD)
    drive.

    Somebody recently gave me an internal DVD/CDRW drive (made by Compaq)
    which works with the 2500.

    I'd like to therefore take out the CD_ROM drive which currently sits in
    the laptop and install the new DVD/CDRW hardware.

    Does anyone have direction or can anyone point me in the right
    direction to to this? If it's straightforward I can do it myself, or
    if it is not and I need to have it professionally installed please let
    me know.

    Thanks
    JK

    UFO, Jan 30, 2006