Compaq Presario R3000 Woes

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Dave, Nov 14, 2005.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Purchased From PC World (Poole, Dorset in England)

    Usage: Used as a PC on a flat clean stable surface [chest of draws] Never
    moved when on.

    After 10 months the Hard Disk Fails!!

    He takes it back to PC World, they send it out to PC Service Call.

    The customer gets it back, but it is running slow, only when he calls me in
    to get his wireless up, do I realise that the onboard memory has changed
    from 256MB to 192MB [read from the BIOS Diagnostics page] , I can't
    understand since the manual says its non-removable!

    Product info:

    Compaq Deskpro R3212EA
    Sysboard ID: 089C PB893EA#ABU
    System Memory: 192MB (inc.8MB shared video)
    Bios Version: F.25
    KBC Version: 31.36
    Celery 2.8

    Has anyone else had this problem?