    website. Cards work just fine if plugged in through an external USB
    card reader. Any suggestions on how to make the integrated card reader
    read 1GB+ cards?

    HelDC, Dec 23, 2004

  2. I have the same notebook as you, purchased in June of 04 and I have a 512MB
    SanDisk SD card, it reads it fine.

    Sseadoubleyou, Dec 24, 2004

  3. HelDC

    omnimicro Guest

    Same here. I thought I was alone in this issue. I have tried both the
    Lexar and SanDisk 1gb cards and it will not read either. It will read
    the 512mb cards. I thought there might be something wrong with the
    SanDisk 1gb card and purchased the Lexar with the same issue. I have
    to read the cards by using a 8 in 1 Card reader connected to the USB.
    What a dissappointment. Additionally checked HP/Compact support for
    updates to know avail, and posted a help request.

    omnimicro, Dec 26, 2004
  4. HelDC

    HelDC Guest

    You're definitely not alone in having this problem. The problem occured
    for me with a generic MMC, and a PNY SD. I wonder how many help
    requests HP has to get before they do something to fix it.

    HelDC, Dec 27, 2004