Compaq Tech support going down-hill, anyone know why?

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Pham, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Pham

    Pham Guest

    Just recently, the video output from my Presario notebook began to fail. The
    LCD works fine, but the video feed is crap whether it's going to the LCD, or
    VGA out.

    Any who, my question is why is Compaq Tech Support seem to be incompetent
    lately? Not that I have anything against the tech support personal, they
    were great the first year I had my notebook. But it's just recently that it
    feels like I'm pulling teeth, both mine and theirs, just to get somewhere.

    I called Tech support 3 times, and 3 times they allegedly issued me an RMA
    box (people with notebooks know what I'm talking about). Each week following
    a call passed and no box. I live at the same address, same information they
    have on record as it was with the other times I needed RMA. Right now my
    notebook is on the extended warranty; and now I feel foolish for buying it
    if I had known this is the type of support I would receive.

    If there is Compaq representative trolling these post, I hope they can take
    action to correct these tech support short-comings before it becomes
    irreversible.

    Pham, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Pham

    Deep Guest

    I hear ya...

    Ever since the merger fully took place (signed in May 2002, but really took
    hold in sep/oct 2002), HP's dragged Compaq's name through the mud. They
    have so many problems internally with bickering between pre-merger compaq
    people and HP people that no one is getting anything done... It's a darn
    shame as Compaq had some excellent Notebook support pre-merger... Don't
    think that there's much you can do really...

    Deep

    Deep, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Pham

    SSeaW Guest

    For starters, they need to bring tech support back in the United States of
    America for United States of America customers. Last time I checked, I
    didn't reside in India.

    I feel your pain dude. This past weekend I spent almost all day Sunday
    trying to get the correct driver update for my video card. The problem was
    that on the drivers and software download page, they have like 8 drivers
    listed for the same video card with 5 out of 8 of them having the same date,
    however they were totally labeled as different items. It was very
    confusing. I don't recall this ever being a problem before the two
    companies merged together. I have had Compaq notebooks from the late 90's,
    because I like their designs over the other companies designs. But I can't
    deal with their crap any longer. The next computer I buy will NOT be from
    Compaq. HP perhaps, only because I like their new widescreen notebooks but
    even then I'm thinking it might be best just to stay away from both of these
    companies all together.

    Getting to the point of wanting to grab your computer and throwing it out
    the window because tech support has got you so crazy isn't that therapeutic.

    SSeaW, Nov 18, 2003
  4. Pham

    Kvasir Guest

    This is the first compaq I have owned (presario 734rsh) So I just assumed
    that thier support was always a joke. When my hard drive died they were
    going to send me a RMA box. well a month later and no box so I called again.
    I got the typical " It was shipped 2 weeks ago" I asked for another. To make
    a long story short like three months later and after buying myself a new
    drive I get a delivery of 2 RMA boxes. Both with expired return labels.
    Every other call I have made has consisted of at least 30 minutes on hold
    followed by a "tech" that I can only assume is getting his info from a Best
    Buy ad followed quicly by a "I don't have that information". What kind of
    tech can't even tell you what your cpu temp should be?

    Kvasir, Nov 20, 2003
  5. Pham

    Pham Guest

    Doh!... 3 months you say. So I should expect to get all 3 boxes around late
    Jan to early Feb. Thanks for the heads up on the expected time window.

    Pham, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Pham

    Packrat Guest

    Dittos on the "heads up". Since my warranty runs out in about 2 weeks,
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised when the box arrives in February and
    the ticket expires. Then they can ship me out in the RMA box! =)

    - pack

    Packrat, Nov 21, 2003
  7. Pham

    Mike Calkins Guest

    Pham,

    I attempted to help you with Compaq HQ, but the lack of your:
    email address
    model number
    serial number
    phone number
    case number

    interfered with a successful resolution to your warranty issue. Feel free
    to email me personally, and I'll pass the information along to the powers
    that be at Compaq.

    Mike Calkins
    Houston, TX
    (Retired-Compaq employee)