Compaq Vista woes... DVD drive drivers

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Paladin58, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Paladin58

Paladin58

Well, hello, hopefully extremely helpful forum goers, I registered here, as I'm in a bit of a frustrating spot when it comes to drivers on my computer. I have a Compaq Presario desktop, relatively new, I think. Got it a month or so ago, played some games on it that my old computer couldn't, enjoyed WMP again after a couple years of being without it, normal stuff to just try out a new system. Well, about a week and a half ago, the CD/DVD drive decided to up and start not working, out of the blue. When I try to find the problem, I find that the drivers are corrupted or missing (according to the device manager, anyway). When i try to restore the drivers, it says the drivers are fine. When I look for driver updates, there are none. When I try to reinstall drivers, it won't let me. Is there something I'm missing, besides System Restore (tried that, decided to not work)? I'll pull up more detailed information if needed.
    Thanks in advance,
    Paladin

Paladin58, Apr 28, 2007
Ask a Question