    2. Hitachi/IBM E7K60, 7200 RPM, 8MB cache

    Both are 60GB hard disks for laptop PC...

    Thanks

    T.T., Sep 23, 2004

  2. T.T.

    David Chien Guest

    http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/IDE/hitachi_travelstar60GB_7200/travelstar60GB_7200rpm.html

    Basically, the 7200rpm drive blows everything away. Faster speed is
    almost always going to blow a slower drive away. The faster rotational
    speed = faster read speeds off the disk media = faster performance and
    data transfers. Lower latency also increases performance as well.

    I'd go with the 7200rpm drive for sure!

    Also, see www.fatwallet.com/forums/ -> hot deals and
    www.techbargains.com for the recent dell.com sale on these HDs (down to
    ~$155?) and if you're smart, get a coupon first and bring it down even
    more (eg. ~$120 or so with a good Dell.com coupon). See coupon threads
    and dell.com threads in fatwallet.com/forums/

    David Chien, Sep 23, 2004